Corrosion Monitoring CryCo-Lock® Monitoring
Pfaudler - Glass-Lined & Alloy Systems
Pfaudler’s corrosion monitoring technology checks glass-lined surfaces (reactors, tanks, receivers, piping, fittings, etc.), as well as other coatings, such as PTFEs, for integrity.
Systems are available for continuous corrosion monitoring, included to the equipment or as portable solutions for periodic tests.
Compared to the traditional systems of conductivity monitoring, the measuring principle of the new Pfaudler Corrosion Detector allows for false-alarm free operation.
Benefits of the Pfaudler Corrosion Detector:
- Monitors the integrity of all corrosion-resistant surfaces
- Measurement not influenced by electrically conductive fittings, internals, repairs or attached / built-in conductive equipment
- Control measurements rule out false alarms
- Displays operating conditions based on defined current thresholds
- Certified for explosion zone 0
The New “CryCo-Lock®” technology: continuous corrosion monitoring of fully glassed turbines
The Corrosion Detection system is primarily based on an electrical loop including all the surfaces to be inspected – a grounding connection is necessary at these surfaces, in order to close the loop.
Such ground connections do not exist for fully glassed CryCo-Lock® turbines, but they do exist on the shaft, at the shaft end. Therefore, traditional Cryo-Lock turbines cannot be monitored by the Corrosion Detector, while the CryCo-Lock® shafts can. Unfortunately, rotating parts, such as specifically turbines, are those most subjected to damages.
With the Pfaudler CryCo-Lock® technology connecting the turbine to the shaft, it is now also possible to monitor any damage of the turbines. A conductive glass spot on the shaft and the turbine includes the turbine in the electrical control loop of the shaft.
CryCo-Lock® connection means:
- Corrosion monitoring of all wetted parts, including fully glassed CryCo-Lock® turbines
- Homogeneous glass-lined surface at the glassed CryCo-Lock® spot; no stress caused by different thermal expansion coefficients. The CryCo-Lock® properties in terms of assembly/ disassembly are maintained
- It is no longer necessary for personnel to enter into the reactor to check the surface integrity of the CryCo-Lock® turbines