WWG: World Wide Glass
Pfaudler - Glass-Lined & Alloy Systems
What is WWG – World Wide Glass?
WWG is the multipurpose chemical glass from Pfaudler’s glass range, characterized by:
- 3 colours, cobalt blue (WWG9115), light blue (WWG9145), and white (WWG9125)
- Extraordinarily corrosion resistant
- Very high resistance to mechanical stress
- Good stability against thermal shock
- Homogeneous stress distribution within the glass
- Inert and amorphous surface
- Anti-adhesive surface
Applications of Pfaudler’s multipurpose WWG:
WWG lining is primarily used in protecting against corrosion in:
- hydrolytic, chlorination, sulphonation, nitration, and bromation processes;
- producing pesticides and herbicides;
- acidic or leaching processes;
- flue gas desulphurization instruments;
- recovery, recycling of sulphuric or hydrochloric acids.
Specialty & Fine Chemical
Additional advantages of white or light blue WWG:
- High degree of light reflection creates a bright reactive environment and high contrast to the media.
- Quick recognition of any colour shift in the process.
WWG inert and amorphous surface is a key criterion:
- for the manufacture of very pure organic and inorganic substances such as vitamins, active pharmaceutical ingredients, semi-conductors or paints, and so on;
- for processing and storing medicines, foodstuffs, fruit juices, and concentrates. In a comparative study involving different materials, glass lining achieves the best results for germ inhibition with regard to both natural and artificially induced germ infestation.
Two-colour glassing is possible (WWG white/ WWG blue) on request allowing for:
- very early visual recognition of glass wear;
- ideal indicator for preventive maintenance.