Nutsche Filters & Filter-Dryers
Mavag Filtration & Drying
Agitated Nutsche Filters & Filter Dryers
Agitated pressure filters, filter-dryers, and pressure Nutsche filters perform most effectively in batch operations as cake filters used to separate concentrated suspensions.
MAVAZWAG® Agitated Nutsche Filters and Filter Dryers (ANF and ANFD) are designed and manufactured with state of-the-art technology by MAVAG. These are versatile units for deep bed, solid-liquid separation using a filter screen.
Where are they used?
MAVAZWAG® performs most effectively in pharmaceutical and chemical industries where filtration and cake washing are required.
By adding a jacket to the vessel, heated blades on the agitator, as well as by operating under vacuum, the wet cake can be fully dried and discharged as a powder, all in a single unit.
What are the main advantages?
- All operations of an ANF and ANFDs are performed in an enclosed system, ensuring product quality, product consistency, and operational safety.
- Our ANF and ANFDs are also available in GMP/Sterile designs, which adhere to CIP/SIP requirements.
- MAVAZWAG® ANF and ANFDs are available in stainless steel, Hastelloy, and special alloys. For extremely corrosive applications, we offer glass-lined ANF and ANFDs. Mavag offers Pilot ANFD for on-site test work, enabling the user to gain valuable experience and, at the same time, gather reliable process data.
- Our engineers work closely with you to assist in selecting the right ANF or ANFD and then optimize it for your process conditions.
Key Features and Options
- Base flange with C-clamps or quick-lock bayonet
- Jacket and seal-welded insulation
- Designed according PED or ASME
- Wide range of WIP / CIP devices
- Clamp design for single-layer filter media
- Filter media disc (boltless design) with multi- layer sintered
- Filter media
- Unique filter plate design allows interchangeability
- Dead-zone free construction
- 2 or 3 arm special S-profile
- Heated design
- Bolt free connection for shaft bellow
- Wide range of shaft sealing options
- MAVAG “Clean Sweep” design for total heel discharge
Side Discharge Valve
- Hydraulically operated / fail safe
- Soft seal or metal/metal sealing
- Automation systems
- Temperature control units (TCUs)
- Vacuum / gas recirculation systems
- Solvent recovery systems
- Powder handling / Pack-off systems
Design for High Potent Applications (HAPI)
- Double-seal design with flush connection for filter base
- Integration of glove box / isolators on side discharge port for contained product discharge and heel removal
- Single or double chamber designs
- Square section side discharge port for upper product removal
- Save change for dust filter element
Single Plate Manual Nutsche Filters
Single plate Nutsche filter for manual cake discharge. These filters are easy to operate, user-friendly trial, and small batch mobile nits.
Key Features and Options
- Available filtration surface area from 0.1 to 1.5 m2
- Manual or hydraulic base plate lowering
- Tilting or swivelling top cover
- Body flange with C-clamps or quick-lock
- Cake retainer ring
- Mobile or stationary designs
- Special designs with tilting vessel or manual agitator
- Available in stainless steel, Hastelloy or other special alloys, glass-lined or with fluoropolymer linings